Thursday, September 1, 2011

My own little UN


Another incredible day in this city. Mom, Dad, I’ve fallen in love with Paris.  I cannot get enough of it.  I find myself walking home then finding a side street and ending up completely lost. I cannot get enough.  I want my pointy toed flats to get stuck in the cobblestone of every street in the city, I want to peer into every window, I never want to leave.

Today started at 5:45 after an exhausting night running around St. Germaine with D looking for a late night restaurant. I love this city too much to sleep. It rained last night and for the first time I didn’t mind it. I stayed in bed until my alarm went off at 7:15 when I got out of bed and scurried around to get all my things together for my first day of Le Cordon Bleu.  I started my trek to LCB with a croissant from Paul down the street from my apartment.  An hour later, 3 wrong streets, a handsome English speaking man and 3.40 miles I had arrived at a small, unassuming building, LCB. I can’t say that I was thrilled to be there after having walked into a small demonstration room with 5 rows of chairs set up for the students, and mirrors angled on the ceiling for us to be able to see the demo.  However, once the some 50 students were split into five groups, I started to talk to some of the girls in the group.

A few minutes later, Shibani, a 29 year-old Indian, investment banker in the UK, turned potential chef and Virginia, a 19 year-old German girl and I had formed our own little group. Isaac from Australia was also in our little United Nations (as some anonymous source pointed out to me).

I am having a hard time keeping my eyes awake so I will blog more tomorrow.

I must tell the world that I bought my first loaf of bread today.  I think I died and went to heaven.  Eric Kayser is a bread genius. 


I turned the other half of the loaf into dinner.

The view from my window while I made dinner.





bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment