Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wednesday


I just finished a nice three course meal, if you don’t count the madelines that I ate in between the courses. First I ate the leftover buffalo mozzarella I had from the other night. I am entirely prejudice against mozzarella, I wont even waste my time, so I’m in heaven with the amount of options there are here of buffalo mozzarella.  Moving along, I ate the pesto tortellini I bought Tuesday at Monoprix with an olive oil that I had been cooking with shallots and garlic for the past 4 hours. The last course was the best. Not only was it delicious because I realized how I work my oven, but because I MADE IT.



I’ve quite honestly forgotten if I posted about what I did on tuesday and quite frankly I cant even remember.  Everything is a blur, except what I make because I eat it for days and its starting to show.  I’m also pretty sure that I had a lovely lunch with Shabani with horrific food. I have noticed that there are a lot of creepy people here.  I opened the ketchup to put it on my French fries (they were not crisp enough) and the ketchup squirt on the place and some dripped onto the bottle.  Our creepy long and stalky waiter with awful teeth immediately came over and stood over our table as he cleaned the ketchup bottle. Ick.

Back to the amazing tart, because that’s what really matters here.  Yesterday, Wednesday I had a hell day. I had a practical, a demo and then another practical, 9 hours in the building with no food other than pastries, no windows and no bathroom breaks. The day started off relatively well, I ate 3 shortbread cookies that I had from the day before.  I also ate the day old Poilane bread with an egg. (I might be wrong but that is what I remember).  I left for school, taking the metro.  When I arrived LCB they were having a wine and cheese party. Who does that at 11:20 am?  I saw some “others” (people who I didn’t recognize and took as people touring the school) meandering around the small school. The only thing I can reason is that they throw this “party” on the one or maybe 2 days a year that they give tours.  There was however some eye candy. I went down into the dungeon as I call it to change. Its slightly frustrating when people smoke and then go to the locker room because there is not one ounce of filtration down there and I’m pretty sure I may have felt the heater go on the other day.

I thought about drinking myself into an oblivion before my practical but then I thought I would be asleep and needing a bathroom in the 2nd hour. In hindsight, maybe I should have had a little. I waited upstairs until I was invited into the kitchen by the chef. That’s when it started.  Tarts are by far the hardest thing we have had to learn so far and the thing I have been more intimidated to make. On top of being frightened to make it, everyone wanted to cook by the burners on the far side of the room, usually my spot (as if we’ve been cooking for months). I got shafted and to make matters worse I was right in front of the only person in the whole school that intimidates the day lights out of me, Mr. Hottie Chef. He’s potentially the only hot French man I have seen.  I spent all of our theory class today fantasizing about him. Well, me and 3 other girls, when we weren’t falling asleep.

So he said to begin and we all got our utensils out, scales, scraper, knifes, bowls, etc. Well, I happen to get out my new, neatly written notes and ingredient list, boy was that a mistake…….. 

We’ll its time to get dressed for Paris Fashion Night Out with Virginia. 

To be continued…….

Bisous 

1 comment:

  1. My birthday is Nov 22. Will you be back? If not then can you send me one of those. Damn girl, you are smokin. How hot btw? Gosling or Ed Norton or Chris Evans hot?

    ReplyDelete