Monday, October 10, 2011

Eeek

I finally left my apartment at 5 pm to go to Monoprix for some essentials.  I got out of bed a few times to make myself some tea and snacks but mostly had a lazy stay in bed (all day) day. 


I made the mistake of going out Friday and Saturday night because today I woke up feeling even worse than I did yesterday.  Hopefully this is the time I get sick this month, it seems to come once a month. On Saturday night I went to a friends apartment before going to a surprise birthday for some girl I don't really know. 
I got to my friends apartment (via cab, too far to walk all dressed up) and backtracked to her corner store to pick up a cheap bottle of rose, and some candy (specifically sour green and red belts, green straws and some really yummy peach things).  

I HIKED up the 6 flights of stairs to her apartment.  It was very sweet.  A small room with a little alcove kitchen and bathroom, and get this, the bed comes down from the ceiling. You pull it down, it stays parallel to the floor and it rests on 2 legs that are nestled into the bottom of the bed.  It was pretty sweet.  Well, after my hike to her apartment (that she shares with Pablo) I began playing Kings Cup, one of these drinking games that are pretty lame, but making guzzling alcohol somewhat more enjoyable.  



After we finished our game and Pablo's friend finally showed up at the apartment, we left for a friend's apartment for the surprise. Our walk there was quite nice.  It was getting dark and misty. It was a group of six so each of us had a walking partner.  Mine was this cute Spanish guy who I actually had a crush on until I realized he's a pothead.  He is very sweet though. We stopped a bunch of times, mainly because I wanted to take pictures.  Finally Pablo stopped at some chocolate shop so I saw a boulangerie across the street so I ran across in front of a bus (sorry pops) to get to it.  I got a petit baguette and it was AMAZING.  It was warm and had a perfect spongy inside and crusty outside.  It was CRACK and precisely what was needed at that moment. We downed it within 5 minutes.  




Downstairs from Allie's apartment was a market so Guillermo, being a Spanish gentleman and all, went in to get a bottle of wine for the hostess. I got a box of 6 frozen Twix (for myself and Olivia), those were gone in 3 minutes. 
We got to the apartment and Olivia sat down at the two chairs at the table with food on it. We ate almost everything before deciding we were bored. There were far too many school people there (that I didn't know).  

Once the surprise was over we all got on the subway (eeeek) to go to this bar that our friend Isaac from school works at. The Russian girl kept screaming "Champaign Showers". Had she sung any other word from the song I probably could have identified it, but she didn't even attempt to.  Olivia and I scouted our way to Isaac, behind the bar. 
Earmuffs Pops... I pushed my chest out and scooted past a group of French guys. When I made it to the bar, I turned to Olivia and exclaimed, "sometimes it helps having a chest".  Of course the guy who was French and NOT supposed to speak english said, "yes, it does sometimes".  Olivia and I just started cracking up.  I flirted a little, got my free Redbull and Vodka and left.  Oh I cheers-ed him before I left, I figured if I wanted another drink I probably should be friendly enough for him to buy me another.  



I went to the dance floor for a little and it was raggingly boring. After about an hour and a half, Olivia, Tawni and I decided to leave. It was quite an abrupt decision. The line was out the door and around the corner. We weren't sure if Prince was going to show up to perform or something because there was NOTHING special about the Ozzy bar, but the line of almost 100 people outside said different. We  hopped on the subway to the school bar.  When we got there, no one was there, so we backed it up and went down the street for some french fries (thanks Olivia).  THEY HAD BBQ sauce.  Per usual, I forgot to take a picture before I ate them all. This is the best I could do. 




Creepy man



I of course was flirting with the guy so in the picture he was making a kissing face at me (eeek). We spent an hour in there or so then we moved our asses back to the metro.  Tawni and I took a cab home where we had some one on one girl talk. Other than being with Olivia, and Tawni and I's bonding time it was kind of a waste of a night.  On top of that, I facebooked my crush (stupidly enough) NO MORE WINE. 

I got up late on Sunday, and almost missed the market.  I really wanted to go to the Raspail market for some of the most amazing dark dark chocolate cookies, but I also wanted to go to the Bastille market because I've heard its awesome, especially the chicken lady.  I decided against Bastille because I wasn't feeling great and I didn't want to walk all that way in the cold drizzle! I got so so much food.  I ended up coming home to make roasted potatoes and cauliflower, another tomato sauce (with a measly lipstick pepper that I thought was a real pepper),  and mushrooms to go in it. 


What happens when I cook



The woman was out of the chocolate chocolate cookies (sad face) so I tried a brownie, a cookie and little coconut thing that was rich, but mixed with the brownie, it was amazing. I thought they certainly were not made with butter but she clearly told me they were made with LOTS of burre (great). 

Last night wasn't so great... I believe that I was laying in bed crying saying that I want my Mommy. I was really missing Sam a lot, which makes things hard when I miss home!

Tomorrow I will come home with LOTS of croissants and p.a.c  Hopefully I can recreate when I get home home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I must get Maoz now!

This was dinner but I'm still hungry. 





I don't remember when I made this but it was good. 



Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment