Monday, October 31, 2011

It Smells Like Home

HOME!

My mommy is here cooking in the kitchen. It smells like home and the floor is dirty just like home!  I could not be happier.  I'm eating all the steamed broccoli as if I've never seen a green veggie. 
I think I will post pictures now to show you what mommy made, although most of you know what she makes, but tell you how it made me feel. 








First, I've been missing avocados, which I have only recently begun to like.  She brought me avocados. YUM. They were in the mache salad (one of my favorite lettuces). Haricot vert, one of my favorite veggies, amazing.  Basically the whole meal was home in a beautiful/ different setting than home setting.  It was a much needed, a better rose for dinner. I don't think I could have asked for a more perfect meal.  

The soup had broccoli, leaks, and green onions in it.  It was perfectly light on the cool night. Mommy also made a mushroom pasta with three different mushrooms, all fabulous.  I am so stuffed but for the first time I feel healthy stuffed. 

On the walk home from school with M we stopped at a bakery that Narges and I have gone into a few times that have these beautiful, flat apple tarts.



N and I have always marveled at the idea and the beauty of the rustic looking desserts. 

Mommy and I got a flat tart aux pomme for dessert. 

After dinner, I started to do the dishes. Half way through, I turned to my mom who was still eating (she eats so slowly) and my dad who was already ipadding again and said, "guess what I am for halloween.... a French Maid".  It was one of those moments where my dad pulled out his iphone to take a video.  Sometimes when one of us does something funny that they want to capture, they make us redo it maybe three or four times or as many times as it takes to get it clearly after they've heard it enough not to laugh the entire way through the 'scene'. 

Time to sleep.

Bisous

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah French Maid! Genius. Btw, what happened to your font? Leave it to me to notice random things.

    ReplyDelete