Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lazy

I've started to get very lazy with this blog.  The past two days haven't been too exciting.  The most exciting thing is that the weather has cooled down at least 10 degrees, so the days are crisp and refreshing, not hot and miserable. I like this cool weather much better, it reminds me of my home.

This week has been hell week.  It might not seem like much, but waking up at 6 am, walking (or taking a cab) to school and then listening to french for 3 hours straight (without bathroom breaks Ick) or standing on your feet dressed like a man for 3 hours is not very easy.  Especially resisting eating all of the creations. Luckily I was able to pawn the last pear tart and cookies (biscuits) off to P and L.  Now that they are gone, I'm stuck with these. 






We made them today in class.  I gave one of each to the dishwasher but I'm afraid I'll have to convince myself all night not to eat them, or toss them. I told Elyse, that I would give them to her and her team today, but they are at some fashion house for three hours tonight and I'm not interested in carting them all the way to the 8th tonight. 

Last night I went to dinner with Elyse and her team at a restaurant that my mom introduced her to. Naturally I got completely lost on my way there, so after 10 minutes of walking back and forth up the Champs Elysee I arrived to realize that it was a restaurant that I've been to a zillion times before with my parents, we even sat at the table we always sat at.  I've been very lucky this past two weeks to have been with people from home. 

The restaurant is called Diep. Here is what we ate. 












On the way over, the light was so beautiful that every few seconds I stopped for a picture of my boyfriend (but he's really a girl).  I got home and none of them were as good as I had originally thought they were, but here is what I thought was worthy of posting. 




I need to find a new route to school.  I've eaten my way through it and don't have any p.a.cs left. I ate the last one today.
It wasn't great, but it was decent.  It had good layers, but it became kind of like a stale bread roll, noticeable to the right of the chocolate. 





I ate one at carrefour yesterday morning and much to my surprise, it was really good.  It's not like eating from Ralph's bakery. 





The one from today wasn't great. It was not worth eating the whole thing.  I've actually realized why walking approximately 6 miles a day isn't cutting it.  I looked at the recipe for p.a.c and boy, it's not pretty. I've decided that if I'm going to try anymore, I will only have one bite and toss it, maybe two. I suppose it doesn't help that I've already eaten a loaf of pain au mie bread.  It's my childhood.  Lily and I used to call it panda me bread. When I told her what it really is and how its pronounced, I saw her resisting the reality the way I did. Panda me sounds better anyway.  

Today was a disaster day.  Yesterday, I had wrote my notes to be somewhat intelligible but today when I got to class, not only was I missing my "bent spreading spatula" but I was missing my zester (its a stupid little dinky thing anyway) and my NOTES!
I'm once again lucky that I have such an amazing group, because I was able to copy someone else's notes. 

I finally received my package! Well, almost.  Tonight I went downstairs to look for it, and I saw a note on my door! I couldn't read it so I typed it into google translate. My package is waiting in the gallery below my apartment!!!!! I've been waiting a week for it (almost) but it was almost impossible to get.  I was pretty sure I wouldn't get it at all. 


Big day tomorrow!

Bisous

1 comment: