Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lazy

I'm being very lazy and have decided to post pictures of the last day that E and E were here visiting.  As I recall, we had an AMAZINGLY delicious lunch at the restaurant in Hotel Costas.  Their penne pasta with tomato sauce rivals and might just be better than the one at Delfina (dare I say it).  I just don't like the scene at Costas. I brought Narges along with me for lunch to meet EC.



E/E had actually gone to Rose, where we were originally supposed to meet before I realized they're closed on Mondays... oh well, they got a nice walk in.

After lunch, EB ran off to a meeting and N, E and I went to fine the Neuhaus in the 8th.  I must say, it wasn't nearly as good as the one in Brussels because the chocolates weren't as fresh, but EC got to taste what I had been raving about.  Even Mr. EB "I don't like chocolate" liked the chocolate filled with caramel that oozed out all over us. We stood in Neuhaus for 30 minutes trying loads of chocolate, buying one at a time, until I bought 6 chocolates.  They are just so good!







Post Neuhaus coma, we discovered we were close to the Arc de Triomphe so we walked to it, stopping along the way to find a lock (explain in a second) and some face spray that EC had read about on a blog.





One of the bridges in Paris, crossing the Seine (for those who don't know Parisian geography) is called the lovelock bridge where people go and signify their love with a lock attached to the wire on the side 'wall'.  EC thought it would be sweet to put one on, so we went looking for a lock.  We hit two birds with one stone, I got her the lock and I got her to go into a Monoprix.

Later that night we went to The Blue Elephant for Thai food!  Yum.  It was pretty good, but not as good as the Chinese we'd had the night before or the Korean BBQ the first night I saw them. We did have good company though.













Once we left the restaurant it was raining so we ran down the st to find the nearest creperie. We walked into some little hole in the wall where we ate creps, laughed and EB even danced (which I FAILED to get on video).



I had the most wonderful time with E/E.  Almost the best time I've had here yet.  I've loved each visit I've had, each one is so unique!  BUT IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY, WHICH MEANS MOMMY AND DADDY ARE JUST A FEW DAYS AWAY!

Last night after a VERY stressful practical I went to the school bar with Olivia and Narges.  I have to admit, it was pretty fun, until the guy who 'rejected' me walked in.  I had to leave, so I invited a few people to have dinner with me and my Frenchies (Emilie and Audrey).  Oh how I love those two girls.  I haven't seen them enough, but now that they are done with their final projects for school I will have more time to see them.  I pawned my pistachio log cake off on them.  Audrey ate it at the table at the restaurant.





I've also been thinking a lot about what my first meal will be when I get home, other than Maaaaa's cooking.  In n out, Bay Cities (obviously not if it's Monday), Golden State OR some good old Mexican food.


Bisous

No comments:

Post a Comment